About Me

I'm just a guy who likes to write, and who loves Jesus. I believe that God created the whole world as both a master piece of art and a perfect story in order to showcase His glory. I intend to use my creativity to the same end.

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Reflections of a Rich Young Man on New Year's Eve


If anyone would follow You, You've said that he must die,
And that sounds easy.
It's just that I'd prefer the quick and painless type,
If you don't mind, Oh Lord

I'll lose my life to find it,
If by lose You mean that I 
Must lose my heartbeat.

If by life You mean my friends,
My home, my money, and my comfort,
Well, that's different.
I heard You say that sacrifice 
That's fitting is a sacrifice that's living.

But it's my life,
My life,
Oh God, don't take my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment