About Me

I'm just a guy who likes to write, and who loves Jesus. I believe that God created the whole world as both a master piece of art and a perfect story in order to showcase His glory. I intend to use my creativity to the same end.

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Make You Stay

I don’t have that much to give
Not as much as you would take
If you need all the world to live
You cannot give yourself away

I am tired in the morning
I am tired in the night
I don’t have the strength to take on more
I don’t have the strength to fight

We’re both broken cisterns darling
Bleeding out in our own ways
Will you find the strength to leave me
Or will I find the strength to make you stay

You feel weighted by an anchor
You feel frightened out at sea
And all you demons as they whisper
Wear a face that looks like me

I am tired in the morning
I am tired in the night
I don’t have the strength to take on more
I don’t have the strength to fight

We’re both broken cisterns darling
Bleeding out in our own ways
But I will find a way to love you
I will find a way to love you

We’re broken cisterns
We’re broken sister

I will find a way to love you
I will find a way to love you

No comments:

Post a Comment