About Me

I'm just a guy who likes to write, and who loves Jesus. I believe that God created the whole world as both a master piece of art and a perfect story in order to showcase His glory. I intend to use my creativity to the same end.

Monday, October 29, 2012

Revelation


When the light came there was nothing else I could see.  It was strange.  The room went from a dull, quiet grey to a roaring, unmistakable light.  It was like the opposite of waking up from a dream.  I heard a roar, and I closed my eyes, but the light was there too.  My chest was torn open, and my mind bowed down, and the light flooded into both.  It's hard to describe what it feels like to understand something with no knowledge of it, but this is how it was.  It's hard to describe what it's like to die for something only a moment after sitting on my apathy, but this is where the light brought me. 

 I felt like I was going to explode.  I saw the light shooting out of my pores, and still it was pouring into me, filling me, nourishing me, finding all the places that I had filled with darkness.  I thought before that pain could only be found in darkness, but now I found that I was mistaken.  There was pain.  There was pain as the darkness was burned off of my skin.  There was pain, but it was secondary.  It was present, but incomparable to the light.  It was there, but how could I focus on pain when this light was being poured into me?  And so, I sat in it.  And I loved it.  And I basked in the light like a reptile trying to raise the temperature of his blood.  

And slowly, I remembered where I was, though the light did not leave, and it did not stop flowing into me.  I noticed the people around me.  Some were staring, others didn't seem to notice me, and still others squinted their eyes, then turned away repulsed.  I felt a surge in my body and I thought either my skin would burst or my skull would break open.  It started in my gut and began to grow larger.  Soon my whole torso seemed to be on fire.  By the time twenty seconds had passed I could feel it making its way up through my throat, and no one had to tell me what I was to do next.  I had two choices: keep my mouth closed and extinguish the fire, or open my mouth and let it consume darkness.  As the fire began to push on the back of my tongue, then on my teeth, then on my lips, I opened my mouth and let the great, white, fiery light fly out of me.  Strangely enough, the light was not depleted at this point, but this action seemed to aggravate the source, causing it to pour into me all the more, and to fill me with a greater fire and a greater light.  The light came out of me with such ferocity that I was blown onto my back and onto the floor.  From my place on the floor, I watched the light as it found the onlookers.  Some it passed over, others it entered, and still with others it bounced off of their chests like sound off the wall of a cave.  This is how I learned what people mean by a hard heart.  

I mourned those whose hearts were hard, but hardly had time for it, because there were also those that had been indwelt by the light, just as I had.  For this I rejoiced.  I saw as the light streamed in through their heads and chests.  I saw as they too died and came to life.  I saw as its force knocked them also to the ground.  And I saw their smiles and heard their laughter as they lay there. 

Many have talked about the light, and many things have also been called light, but the true light cannot be mistaken.  It kills death, and is, therefore, hated by it.  It brings life, and is, therefore, praised by the living.  

No comments:

Post a Comment