About Me

I'm just a guy who likes to write, and who loves Jesus. I believe that God created the whole world as both a master piece of art and a perfect story in order to showcase His glory. I intend to use my creativity to the same end.

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Sovereign Freedom

When I was free I sat and ate chips. Unobligated, I was unmotivated. I got as close as a human could come to accomplishing the philosophical paradox of actually doing nothing. When my heart was isolated, and my hands could act in secret from the eye of men, I found that I was curiously sedentary. It turns out that, when left to myself, I am not brimming over with goodness, creativity, goodwill, or industry. Left to myself, I am a vegetable.

What a joy it was, the following day, to be forced to look upon the words, "In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ according to the purpose of his will." What was the power of my heart able to accomplish in me? I was able to eat chips. Even this great feat I doubt I could accomplish without some help. However, what a difference when it comes to my God. Uncompelled, totally free, bound by nothing but the purpose of his own will, since there was no other will in existence to oppose or influence, God chose love. God chose costly love, at this point. In a situation when I would eat chips, God would choose to love until it killed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment