About Me

I'm just a guy who likes to write, and who loves Jesus. I believe that God created the whole world as both a master piece of art and a perfect story in order to showcase His glory. I intend to use my creativity to the same end.

Saturday, January 20, 2018

The Gallows' Pride

Many fools have stood where I dare not stand,
No dignity left, no respect among man,
No hope that in life or in death they would find,
A name full of honor to leave behind.

Death will come marching with stealth and with speed,
And he finds us all, whether rich or in need,
With all of us grasping for that which we love,
Whether names among men, or in heaven above.

Would that I stood as those fools, fully freed,
With no power to wield in their hour of need,
Would that I laid all my wisdom aside,
To do what no nobleman ever has tried,
And been raised up with my Savior beside,
And wore with the fools the gallows' great pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment